(1) stimulate saliva flow,
(2) release an oral lubricant/humectant that coats and moisturizes the mouth, protecting it from drying out,
(3) suppress bacteria that flourish in a dry mouth, and
(4) last 1 to 4 hours in a dry mouth during the day, 3 to 8 hours while sleeping.
• 550 mg xylitol, time-released, enough lingering in the mouth to reduce plaque and tooth decay.
• The tan, dimpled side discretely sticks to teeth or gums - no effect on talking or appearance.
• Helps people with dry mouth sleep through the night.
• Can be used with braces or dentures.
• All natural
• Mild mint flavor – mint-free also available.
Potential Benefits of Xylitol: When maintained in sufficient concentrations in the mouth for an effective duration each day, xylitol provides these benefits for oral health:
1. Reduce tooth decay by suppressing the causative bacteria, Streptococcus mutans (SM), and reducing plaque.
2. Reduce plaque in the mouth,, which helps reduce tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
3. Stimulate saliva flow, which helps reduce tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
4. Reduce inner ear infections (behind the ear drum) by suppressing the common causative bacteria, Streptococcus pneumoniae (SP) and Haemophilus influenzae (HI) and reducing their adherence to human tissues.
5. Suppress appetite: When used before a meal, xylitol reduces typical caloric consumption during the meal by more than the calories in the xylitol (but not enough to be worth using just for this purpose).
6. Reduce tooth decay in children: When used in the mouths of caregivers starting when the child is 10 months old, xylitol reduces tooth decay in the child by suppressing the causative bacteria in the care givers’ mouths so the bacteria do not colonize the child’s mouth.,
7. Reduced bad breath and gum disease: Xylitol suppresses species of bacteria that significantly contribute to bad breath and gum disease, which may cause it to reduce bad breath and gum disease by this process in addition to helping reduce bad breath and gum disease by reducing plaque and promoting saliva flow.
8. Whiter teeth: Dental plaque absorbs stains. Xylitol reduces plaque2 and therefore reduces stains.
XyliMelts optimize xylitol delivery and dry mouth treatment
XyliMelts time release 550 mg of xylitol for maximum effectiveness per gram of xylitol to inhibit harmful bacteria. When xylitol lingers in the mouth long enough at adequate concentration, it reduces plaque and tooth decay. XyliMelts allows more lingering of xylitol per gram than any other delivery method.
Xylitol, vegetable gum (acacia), cellulose gum, mild natural mint flavor (omitted in mint-free XyliMelts), calcium carbonate, magnesium stearate, and nothing else. CONTAINS NO: animal products, fermentable sugar, color, dyes, artificial flavoring, or preservatives and no products of peanuts, tree nuts, corn, wheat, rice, grain, gluten, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, milk or yeast.
Carbohydrate exchange for diabetes: Xylitol raises blood glucose half as much per unit weight as typical carbohydrates.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use XyliMelts instead of, or in addition to, fluoride?
Although the dental benefits of fluoride far outweigh the risks, there are still people who choose to avoid fluoride. For them, XyliMelts is an alternative. And, when xylitol and fluoride are used together, each makes the other more effective against tooth decay.
Do XyliMelts cause indigestion or diarrhea?
If their systems are not used to it, many people find that they have gut discomfort when they ingest more than about 10 grams of xylitol. The time-release of XyliMelts allows a small amount of xylitol to be effective (less than 5 grams per day), eliminating all risk of discomfort.
What would happen if I inhaled a XyliMelts disc?
Whether the disc is in your mouth or throat or lung, the disc will entirely dissolve, so nothing would need to be done but give it time to dissolve.
I discovered I must use these during the day. I had originally used only at night and had to stop because the xylitol causes me to have diarrhea - not good for my getting a good nights sleep. But during the day I don’t seem to have that problem. I will keep using.
XyliMelts disc does the job intended to help with dry mouth. I have lost 3 teeth because of severe dry mouth. I wake up and my mouth feels refreshed, not dry. If you have a problem with dry mouth Purchase these discs and the spray you won't be disappointed
i was using your mint flavor tabs for 5 years, and did not have a problem with blisters on my inside cheek. i bought the cinnamon flavor on your site, and i have blisters on my inside cheeks.
I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing mouth sores with the cinnamon XyliMelts! However, I have never carried cinnamon flavor on my website. I have always feared this flavor may be too harsh for tender tissue or for those susceptible to mouth sores, so thank you for confirming that.
I also do not have a record of you ever purchasing any products from my site. I would welcome you to browse our selection as I believe you will find several quality options to relieve dry mouth that are very gentle.
I use these at night and they work so well that after using twice I only need one tablet at night and wake up with plenty of saliva, and it also allows me to enjoy some spicy foods.