- Alcohol Free - no stinging or burning
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free
- Chlorhexidine Free
- Paraben Free
- Hydrogen Peroxide Free
- Triclosan Free
What are the Synedent ingredients and what do they do?
Water: This is a purified water that meets or exceeds all the regulatory standards that are required to manufacture an advanced oral care product in the United States. Water serves as the base to dissolve all of Synedent’s other ingredients and therefore its quality is critical in delivering an effective, mouth friendly, and great tasting product.
Chitosan Argininamide (Chitosan Arginine): Is a natural polysaccharide fiber that comes from shrimp shells and includes arginine, a natural amino acid. Chitosan is a polymer of glucosamine and is similar to cellulose, another natural polysaccharide that is often referred to as “dietary fiber”. Chitosan is used as an agent to flocculate or aggregate particles out of a solution. Chitosan Argininamide in concert with other SYNEDENT ingredients acts to clean and freshen your teeth and mouth.
Sorbitol: Is a sugar derivative (more accurately a polyol) found in apples and peaches. Sorbitol is a sugar that bacteria can’t easily digest, which helps reduce bacterial overgrowth helps keep your mouth feeling clean and fresh for longer. This ingredient also contributes to the sweet taste of Synedent.
Xylitol: Is another sugar derivative (also a polyol) found in many different fruits and even some vegetables. Similar to sorbitol, bacteria can’t easily digest xylitol, which helps reduce bacterial growth keeping your mouth clean and fresh for longer. Xylitol is also a natural sweetener. Xylitol is dangerous for dogs to consume; do not give any product containing xylitol to your canine friends. See veterinary concerns.
Glycerin: Is a naturally occurring part of many lipids (also a polyol) in the plant and animal kingdom. Glycerin adds to the sweet taste of SYNEDENT, and also gives it a pleasing feel in the mouth, helping to keep your mouth feeling moist.
Peppermint oil: Is an extract from the peppermint plant. It acts as a breath freshening and flavoring agent to give SYNEDENT its characteristic minty taste and smell.
Benzoic Acid: Is a natural acid that is found in many fruits, vegetables, and spices. Benzoic acid acts as a preservative to prevent growth of bacteria and fungi.
Polysorbate 20: Is derived from sorbitol and acts as an emulsifier to make sure peppermint oil is thoroughly mixed into SYNEDENT.
For best results:
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older swish 5-10 ml (1-2 teaspoons) of SYNEDENT between teeth and throughout mouth for at least 30 seconds and expel. Do not swallow.This rinse is not intended to replace brushing and flossing.
- Cold weather and freezing may cause Synedent to become cloudy. To return the product to its normal appearance, return product to room temperature (60-75 F) and shake vigorously once thawed and or warm.
This product contains shellfish derivatives
- The majority of shellfish allergies are caused by a muscle protein tropomyosin. The highly purified chitosan derivatives in our products are from the shrimp shell and not muscle tissue. We recommend that those who suffer from a shellfish allergy consult a qualified medical professional about use of the product and potential allergen testing.
Do not use in patients with dysphagia. Do not use in pediatric patients under age 6 years unless recommended by a dentist or physician.